CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

~ June 2011 ~ Robby 13, Kaitlyn 11 1/2, Kimberlyn 8 and Tommy 4 1/2!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What a week??

Grandma came to help out on Wednesday.

Kimberlyn found a cat walking home with Robby from Wendy's house on Thursday. After holding him for part of the walk home and loving on him, she insisted he was lost and needed help finding his house. She was worried about him. She also was in love with him. She's been begging to have a animal to call her own...I know, I know...as if we don't have plenty of animals! She'll see any tiger striped cat at Pet Smart and call it Rascal and beg for us to take it home. We've calmed her by saying "maybe when we move" -which has led her to expect a cat come moving day and not a moment later.

Wendy called on Friday to say she needed help as this cat wouldn't leave here alone and wanted in her house...she's allergic. This cat was so adorable, tiger striped with almost a marble affect on his midsection. Two seconds after being scared and growling at a dog he resumes his purring. Later this afternoon I hoped and prayed the cat was microchipped and took him to a vet...not a chance. I release him after hearing neighborhood people have been feeding him. Let him be THEIR problem...not a chance. By dinner I was saying if he comes back.... he's ours!

Saturday morning he was in our front yard... Rascal came in and was deathly afraid of dogs...not only do we have two, but Grandma's dog Tucker has enough energy to scare a dog-loving cat :) He and Smokey had a few words....what a show to each other.

Sunday, yeah, I too hoped it could pass uneventful, instead I was checking on Rascal whom was in robby's room (which is where the hamster's cage is)- he either didn't care or hadn't noticed yet. I check her almost ever morning...this morning she was not in a normal spot and not in anormal postition. I did what I do best...in my serious, needs immediate response hollar to Larry said " Larrrrrrrrrry HURRRRRRRY upstairs!" We brought Robby up first....then Kaitlyn peeked in as she knew something was wrong by this point. We had a burial before church and headed out with red-eyed little ones.

Monday morning after deciding to not waste ink on printing flyers announcing a found cat... If he really was lost and cared about he'd 1) been microchipped, 2) had Lost Cat flyers up looking for him or 3) he been fixed already! So I got on the phone and set up an appt to get him fixed the next day. I believe this is also the day he had to take a nap after having his head start spinning. Yep, see he'd been sneaking up on Prince (new bunny I still haven't gotten pictures of) and Prince walked closer to him to sniff him, Rascal just literally turned away and took a nap. After seeing him try to attack the bunny a few nights earlier it was determined why we only let the bunny out supervised and that Rascal very well may have been living on his own for some time. We're betting he's never had a wild bunny try to sniff HIM!

I think from the pictures it's fair to say Rascal knew and knows who his owner is.


This is like 3 hours after they went to bed on Saturday night, his first night here! I have to tell you, this is what really sealed the deal!

He is doing great and the vet thinks he's about 9 months old. He goes in to the base vet next week to microchipped and the rest of his shots.

I'll add Prince's pictures as soon as I take them. Believe it or not, I didn't take pictures of the burial on Sunday.

0 comments: