CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

~ June 2011 ~ Robby 13, Kaitlyn 11 1/2, Kimberlyn 8 and Tommy 4 1/2!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A surprise visit...

Biker babes! yes my Dad rode 528 miles on THIS!

Grandpa P. hit the road after talking with Larry about my surgery. So, yep a surprise visit from Grandpa and a surprise visit to the OR happened last Sunday!

Kaitlyn had her horse show, I posted about it, I ordered pictures online...and during the picture ordering I started feeling crampy. I just thought I was overtired, it was 10pm and needed to get to bed. After standing I realized I really wasn't feeling good.

Once in bed, I couldn't move and felt helpless. Larry came to check on me and we thought it must be gas. he ran to the store to get medicine. I took it, jumped in a hot bath and took some tylenol for my headache. I felt absolutely exhausted and decided to go to bed. Larry got the heating pad out and I slept for an hour or so. I woke when he peeked in on me. He told me everything online says gas UNLESS it's localized to the right side. I had been feeling it was just the right side...then he said what he read suggested it could be the appendix! ER there I went.

The ER nurse made a comment at check in on how she didn't think I'd leave completely whole. I asked if she thought it was my appendix, yep she said. The ER doc came to check me and said almost the same thing. I got an IV, not without doing my best to work a deal to avoid the darn thing! He said well we'll get you some pain meds. I said I'm fine as long as I don't move :) He then said I need bloodwork....it went on and on! Needless to say he was nice and patient with this pistol of a patient whom hates needles! After a few hours, drinking some nasty drink and a CT scan....I was rolled off to surgery.

I had laparscopic surgery Sunday morning, all went well besides them finding a small hernia! I need not worry about it until it hurts- I so don't want another emergency surgery ever again. This surgery made two in less than two years~ so not cool! They were all impressed with my recovery and ordered a solid food dinner for me that night! I left Monday morning about 24 hours after surgery.
Me post-appendectomy, I look hilarious!

Currently I'm almost 48 hours without pain meds and doing great. Even took a short walk last night, short compared to the 3 mile route Wendy and I do! I just have a lifting restriction of a gallon of milk or less.

Here's the kids saying bye to Grandpa before catching the bus, he left at lunch time and Larry's mom got in at dinner time. She'll stay until I get home from my follow-up appt on Monday!

We appreciate all the help offers and prayers.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

We won't be doing 3 miles for at least a week! :) You won't be walking alone an more than 6 houses away from your house until I get back on the 13th. :) Sorry we didn't walk tonight...I've been crazy cleaning, washing, answering calls...which reminds me...your kiddos and hubby are still up for letting Tigger out for us, right? THANKS!

Annie said...

Awww, great pics!!!!

Katie said...

I can't believe your kiddos catch the bus in the dark. Craziness!!

Hunter Family said...

Oh, an emergency appendectomy...It brings back so many fine memories. Except mine was followed by an 8 day stay in the hospital! Mine had ruptured and i was VERY ill!! You are so lucky to have had it removed before that happened. It sounds like our symptoms (gas and all) were similar. I hope you are feeling betther soon!