Weekend Visit
We had another great visit with Tommy. The kids got to peer through the window again while I held him. I also got to feed him his bottle on Friday night. That was a lot harder than I had expected. I had the nurse finish up as we wasn't taking much from me. I guess, he is right at the age where normal babies begin learning the coordination required to suck, swallow and breathe. He took about 10ml's from me, and then another 10 or so from the nurse (they gave him the rest through his tube). There are a lot of tricks to help him. I learned a lot from the nurses and think I'll be able to do a better job next time. This morning's bottle feeding went really well. I let them feed him while I watched. He drank all of his bottle (about 32mls) in 15 minutes. He is still doing really well. I put my ring on his hand again and was absolutely amazed (see picture below). I couldn't get it over his knuckles this time. I didn't realize he had grown that much.
He is pretty much regulating his own body temperature now. As long as he is bundled up in a blanket, he stays plenty warm, so I just held him and rocked him.
So, like I said before, we are pretty much just waiting for him to fully take his feedings. He is at 3 pounds, 10.5 ounces as of last night. Once he gets to about 4 pounds, he'll be taken out of the incubator and put into an open type crib that you might see at a normal nursery. Praise God that there are absolutely no health concerns at this point, and he just has to continue to thrive and grow, and we'll have him home in no time!
Of course, I took some more pictures...here they are!
Ring Pictures
This was taken on 1 Jan--notice ring here
This was taken this morning. I swear it's the same ring!!
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment