Tricia
Well, no sleet, ice, snow or wind can keep a mother away from her NICU baby! Tricia made it safely to OKC despite traveling through some harsh conditions today. She got to see our precious boy and then traveled again (safely) back to Glenda's house. I was pretty nervous about her driving, so I sent her with a couple of blankets, my heaviest winter coat, gloves, food and a full tank of gas. I figured that if she ended up in a ditch somewhere, at least she'd be able to be comfortable until someone came to help. But, alas, my worries were once again worthless as she made it just safe and sound-by the Grace of God. Although, I wasn't willing to risk the weather with the other kids, so we stayed home! I think we will give it a shot on Sunday afternoon. There is supposed to be another even bigger wave of freezing rain and snow tomorrow, but I figure that after church, the roads should be reasonably clear, and we could stay the night and come back Monday.
Tommy
Tricia said Tommy was all snuggled up and cozy tonight. He is up to 11 ml's per feeding giving him 88 ml's per day or 3 ounces of food per day!!! I'd still like to see him at least get 110 ml's per day as I read a study that babies who recieved that much or more breastmilk had a statictically significant increase in their post-hostpital performances (mental abilities, physical abilities) than did kids who recieved less than this while in the NICU.
Anyway, at least he is back at his birthweight and should be rapidly putting on weight. Wouln't it be nice to say that we needed to rapidly put on weight? Just a thought that popped into my head as I am munching on popcorn doused with butter and the "family secret" cheeses! (My dad's own creation!)
Anyway, Thanks, God, for keeping Tommy in your hands and delivering Tricia safely to OKC!
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



5 comments:
I had no idea Tricia was heading up to OKC after she picked up the kids at school today. What a mom!! I'm so glad she made it OK. Please let me know if I can help you with the kids anytime. I will be home all weekend. All you need to do is call. You have great kids. I know Tommy will be awesome, too. With 3 older siblings he better be tough!!
LArry & Tricia-
Your mom sent my mom a link to the blog and filled us in on the situation. We are delighted to hear that both Tommy and Tricia are doing well, despite the early arrival and deporable weather. Glad the Air Force is being so accomodating. You're in our thoughts and prayers, guys, so take care!
Thom, Jenny & Jacob Roose
by the way...... Tommy is a good strong name! Cheers!
Larry and Tricia-
This is Thom Roose's sister Tanya and like Thom, my mom sent me your mom's e-mail about your precious new arrival. Congratulations on such a beautiful new baby! Our daughter Katie is a NICU graduate as well and she couldn't possibly be more healthy and smart if she were born two months later. If you would like someone with whom you can share experiences or ask questions, my email is always open! Another good resource for help is the March of Dimes. I hope that everyone is healthy, gaining weight, and together soon! Best wishes to you all,
Tanya [Roose] Cooper
Hi! I'm Thom and Tanya's Mom, Joy Roose. I'm go glad Tommy is doing so well. I've been checking in every once in a while and am pleased to see such good news. Congratulations and you are all in my prayers for continued good health and lots and lots of happiness.
Post a Comment