CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

~ June 2011 ~ Robby 13, Kaitlyn 11 1/2, Kimberlyn 8 and Tommy 4 1/2!

Sunday, December 24, 2006

At the hospital...28wks 1day along

December 21, 2006 -
So, I'm at the hospital for a NST (non-stress test) on Tommy and to closely monitor my BP. They also did some bloodwork on me. Tommy's NST didn't look as good as OB had hoped for, so we were sent for a BPP (Bio-physical profile ultrasound). They score the baby and Tommy got an 8 out of 8 score. All is well. Tommy weighs 2 lbs 11ozs!
Back in my hospital room, while waiting on blood results the nurse said it looked like I'd go home in an hour or so.
That would be until my BP skyrocketed again! My nurse left to phone the OB... she came back in with a shot and news I'd be spending the night at least.
The shot was of Celestone, a steriod to help mature Tommy's lungs in case he has to be delivered soon. This was a hard point for me...to realize, Tommy may seriously be joining our family WAY too soon!!

0 comments: