CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

~ June 2011 ~ Robby 13, Kaitlyn 11 1/2, Kimberlyn 8 and Tommy 4 1/2!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Don't forget what CHRISTmas is about...


My mom sent this singing nativity to the kids....goodness years ago. Anyhow it drove us crazy to listen to the singing and story of Jesus' birth. It's so repetitive and it really doesn't have the best quality on the sound. It can give you a headache....BUT really...Kimberlyn is 5 and has it almost completely memorized and now TOMMY is pressing the button like mad to hear it sing and tell the story...

Again when this arrived I rolled my eyes, and thought the kids would NEVER pay attention to it. Boy, was a I wrong. Now that Mom is gone...I'm no longer wishing the singing nativity to break, instead it's "watch out and don't play rough with this special thing..." Darn well amazing how perspective changes when we lose a loved one. As usual, I'm missing Mom and wishing I could thank her for the important things I had no idea were important while she was still with us.


Below is Tommy sleeping by Dad on the couch late last night...he felt horrible...we both feel this way today. The cold caught me and I'm not happy!

5 comments:

Anna said...

Perspective does change things doesn't it. I have never seen a nativity quite like that one.

We have the Little People nativity set and my kids love it so.

I am sorry that you all are catching the cold bug.

Tricia said...

Anna- we too have the beloved Little People Nativity too. Another much loved toy.
My mom bought me an entire BIG Nativity set...I'll didplay that one when Tommy is older, right now for us, if he can't touch it, it has to be high or not out at all :)

Katie said...

The pic of Tommy and Larry is precious. Hope you are all feeling better soon!

Annie said...

Awww, Tricia, I know you are missing your mom......so glad the kids have the nativity to play with as a way of connecting with Grandma........

Anonymous said...

Tricia--how do I not have your email or home address??? I'm getting Christmas letters gathered together finally and realized I only have old ALtus stuff for you guys!

Send me your current stuff at Edwards.Islanders@gmail.com

:) Rebecca Edwards