NOT!! BUT we've joined the "My Kid Called 911" club tonight!
Kimberlyn was missing. We ate dinner and called her a few times. She was upset with me for making her take the recyclables to the bin in the garage...I figured she was ignoring me.
SHE WAS OUTSIDE! Not two minutes after getting her to the table the door bell rings and classically Larry and I "fought" over who'd get the door :) I don't like answering the door at dark (it was dusk) when I'm not expecting company :)
A police officer...asking if somebody called 911? Hmmm? Then he said a little girl called from our number saying there was a fight...
Well here's the story best as we can get... Kimberlyn took the phone off the counter and headed outside to try and catch the cats. Worried as she thought they were fighting. She walks down the street two houses where the cats were "fighting" by a "barn" (a neighbor's shed)~ She deemed it an emergency and called 911 RIGHT on the sidewalk down the street from our house...to let them know there was a cat fight! When asked if anybody was home with her she said "yes, but they are talking." This was a very well organized plan of attack on the cat emergency it seems!
To just be five again....
P.S. The officer was very nice and wished us a good night. I think he got a kick out of the visit, he even had a BACKUP cop on the street. Two cops for one sweet 5-year old worried about a cat fight...
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



3 comments:
OMG-too funny!! I have yet to have that happen! :)
How funny is that at least they showed up fast.
It has been an incredibly long day...yet I am sitting here about to wet my pants from laughing so hard.....HILARIOUS!! I just can't go out of town again...I miss too much when I'm away!!! :)
Post a Comment