CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

~ June 2011 ~ Robby 13, Kaitlyn 11 1/2, Kimberlyn 8 and Tommy 4 1/2!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of JULY!!



What a fun holiday, one of my favorites. Tonight will be the 3rd fireworks display near our house and due to the chilly/rainy weather I think we're staying in. We plan to hit the parade though. These pictures are from the Wright-Patt Air Force Base Tattoo Celebration on June 27th. Tommy was not feeling well due to cutting molars so Larry and the older kids went alone. Then last night the older kids and I went to see fireworks while Tommy and Dad tried to get some rest. Tommy is STILL working on his molars! He's got ONE broken through, the others are still just swollen and painful!Not much fun, for sure!

The kids watching TV on Dad's cell phone...waiting for fireworks. They watched from The Jeep so they could get a head start home after the show!

A neighborhood visitor-
Earlier in the day, before the base celebration THIS turtle was found by some neighbors in our street. Story I heard was two other men were basically terrified to touch the poor guy and were trying to nudge him with their foot into this recycling container. My nut of a husband is all about "saving" turtles???? He picked it up!! Aunt Boo told me it was good I didn't see this event- and set him in the container. This alligator snapping turtle was not so excited about being picked up. He got VIP treatment riding in the Jeep (in his container) to a nearby pond. Larry will take almost any opportunity to go "off-roading" in his Jeep, so he was more than happy to "save" this guy! Before leaving Larry stuck an empty soda bottle into the container just above the turtle's head... hmmm...we all definitely got an up close example as to why they call it an alligator turtle! OH MY, he 'bout got Larry's hand!! I was pleased to have the kids and Larry back after the release with no blood!

In the recycling container....


CHECK OUT THAT TAIL!


He's FREE!!! He was not a typical slow turtle and went straight into the water.

1 comments:

Hunter Family said...

That's crazy!! I've never seen a turtle like that!