So, we're back home from a week long road trip, more details to come in spurts ;)
On Thursday, June 19th we were swimming (the kids and I) in the pool after breakfast. We had a dinner date with our friend in NJ and no other big plans. I noticed Kaitlyn's shiney earrings and asked Kimberlyn when she'd get earrings. She has been SCARED to and knew the family rule is to wait until turning 5 (which she will do in 1 1/2 weeks)-- anyhow her response was a huge smile, so I asked if she wanted to get them that same day? Even bigger smile and a no questions asked YES for an answer! We ended up having lunch with Larry's old commander and THEN went to the mall to get her new shiney ears!! It is so fun with kids...watching them grow, change and make decisions...I may feel differently in a few years when I don't agree with their decisions I suppose :)
Pray for Larry and I....actually pray for Kimberlyn's future husband! SHe is pointing at the earring she sincerely wanted...the BIGGEST stone in the starter earrings! Turned out this was at Icing by Claire's and they didn't allow photos, can you believe us, crazy picture snapping mom and dad left!!! We went right outside that store to the kiosk where they allowed photos! At Piercing Pagoda they actually had more sweet little girl appropriate first earrings anyhow! She asked ME which ones were prettiest out of tow pairs. I told her both were pretty and she needed to choose! She ended up with a ruby pair, her birthstone! They look more dark pink than red...
Here is right before or during...hard to tell...
NO TEARS!! So BIG!! This shot was right when she said "but Mommy, they still hurt!" She KNEW they would hurt for a minute, but I think she didn't realize the pain stuck around for a few more minutes!
Here's a shot of Tommy and Katie during dinner. They hit it off great...sharing food through the whole dinner too! Below is a picture of us crazy moms trying to get a group picture with FIVE 1 year olds!! Annie is a dear friend that I met during fertility treatment. She ended up with quads! Check out her family blog. She was a huge comfort to me after Tommy was born as she JUST did the NICU life with her four babies. They are about 6 weeks older than Tommy. It was nice to be able to call a friend who understood and really knew we'd survive. We have NO CLUE to this day HOW WE SURVIVED IT-- only God knows as He can (and DID) provide the strength!
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



2 comments:
Those are great pics. And it's so nice to see Annie and the fam making a guest camio on your blog!!
Oh, Tricia, you and your family are sooo wonderful! I truly had a nice time with you all! Wish we lived closer-we could have some "Mommy" time out together!
And Katie, yes I do make "guest camios" now and then!!! :)
Post a Comment