Okay so not quite yet, BUT he did gain 10 ozs in 7 days. He weighed in yesterday (18 wks, 1 day old) at 8lbs 12ozs. Kaitlyn had an annual exam as I haven't done a healthy check-up for her or Robby in years... Robby had his yesterday, his last one was 4+ years ago! Bad mom! Just seems silly to take a healthy kid into the doctor... They checked out great and are growing right along just fine.
Tommy and I went to my eye doctor appt on Monday. Much better experience and much more reassuring findings. Back in January my doc would not / could not give me any idea on if my eyes would fully recover. Well, they did! I'm so glad and am now released from her care. Tommy and I also visited my OB as he'd only seen Tommy at delivery. It was fun to show him off, especially to people that agree with us that he's HUGE now!! Not only is he huge since birth, but in the 2 1/2 months since he was discharged from the hospital he's doubled his weight!
Tommy is doing fabulous. He takes his 3oz bottles rather fast (most of the time) and is sleeping 5-8 hour stretches at night. Just depends, I can't figure out what it depends on though :) Some nights I wonder if he didn't eat enough the day before or was he sleeping too much the day before. Either way, 5 hours is just fine and 8 hours is a big treat. BUT as most newborn moms will agree, I still wake up to check on him when he goes past 5 hours....
Over the past week or so, Tommy has seemed to change. A friend emailed saying he now looks like a really mature newborn...PERFECT description of him. He looks like an old newborn. He's gaining head control and smiling some...I will post a picture of Daddy stealing a smile from me. They aren't the huge smiles, but they sure melt your heart and I'm happy as can be!!
Aww, such brotherly love! Robby sure is enjoying his baby brother! 4-25-07 Tommy 4 months old!
Tommy's first time in the bouncy with the toybar attached...he's liking this! Even caught one of his little smiles! 4-26-07.jpg)
One very impatient baby boy! Well, he only slept for 9 HOURS!! Kaitlyn got him when he woke at 6:30am...he had to wait his 10 minutes so his medicine could take affect to help him not spit up so much. 4-28-07 (17 1/2 wks old or 6 wks old adjusted).jpg)
Now this has turned very serious you see...
Daddy trying to get a smile from Tommy... 5-1-07 18 weeks, 1 day old!.jpg)
Daddy go tthe smile and Mommy cut his head off...off of the picture that is :)
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



2 comments:
I love your Tommy reports Trish!! Thank you for continuing to share them with us!! All your children are beautiful and amazing and it's great to see Tommy fitting right in!! Praise the Lord!!
I love the Tommy reports as well! I do stop in! Honest, this is a great way to keep in touch. I really thought you all were going to Germany? No? Well, apparently not. Thanks so much for keeping this up, it is nice to check in with you all from time to time.
Anna and John
Post a Comment