We got in from Florida last night. I'm doing wash and repacking to drive back down. My mom is in no pain at all and fairly comfortable on some good pain meds at a very nice Hospice Home. I don't expect to see her alive again. We had a fabulous (considering the situation) time Saturday night hugging, crying and saying goodbye. She's going to a far better place very soon. They are suspecting it may happen in 2 days....
On an exciting note, Tommy (and the other kids) did fabulous on the very hard emotional trip. That long of a trip with such short notice is hard, but they did a great job! Tommy turned 5 months old on Friday, obviously no weight update. 5 months was the target age I put in my head for starting him on baby cereal. Not sure why I waited so long, the kid has had ice cream with hot fudge already :) Okay, so it was just a teeny bite, but still. He was way ready for his cereal this morning and ate it all gone and rather fast. If you didn't know it was his first time, you'd never have guessed so. I do have pics and will try to post some soon. Quite honestly, I'm not sure I'm ready to download the camera right now. We have gotten a lot of pics with my mom and the kids on there.
The best part is that medicine Tommy took to help movefood through him to prevent huge spit ups and vomiting....well we had him on a very low dose but thought it was still doing something. We lost it in FL, actually all his meds were together and lost. We could not find them anywhere and I was very stressed...turned out he hasn't spit up but once or twice which is completely normal. We found the meds 2 days later, but obviously have not used the reglan anymore. We did start his iron supplement back up :)
I sincerely appreciate all the prayers. We are hanging in there, most of the time doing well...and rightfully so, struggling with emotions at other times. I thank God the older two got to have a nice visit and say goodbye to their Grandma. I wish they didn't have to learn so much about death at such a young age.
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



3 comments:
We are praying for you, Tricia, and hope your mom continues to not have much pain in this next stage of life. I am glad you and the family were able to go to FL and visit her and espcially for the older kids to get some quality time with her! Glad you are home safe and that Tommy has done so well without his reglan. That's great news!
--Dana Serfass
Heartbroken and still praying for you!
- The Edwards
Praying for you all.
Much love,
Anna Melendez
Post a Comment