Okay, yesterday Tommy turned 20 weeks old. In 10 days he'll be 5 months old! This all seems so unbelievable. One minute it feels like he was just born, the next like he's been with us forever. Time is flying by...5 months...crazy. Okay, okay...
So today we went to the pediatrician as he's PCSing and he wanted one last check up on Tommy and to make sure his notes for the new doc were current. So, Tommy weighed in at 9 pounds, 8.9 ounces, 21.5 inches long and his head was 40cm. His weight gain was a little less than I expected in the last week, but the big picture of weight gain is good still.
Over the past few weeks I have been pondering the fact that my 4 month old weighed less than my second child at birth. Granted Kaitlyn was "cooked" the longest out of all my babies...she was born just 3 days before her due date of Christmas Day 1999! Well, Kaitlyn weighed in at 9lbs, 7.4ozs and I would look at Tommy thinking, well she must have been shorter and so on... Barely! She was 21 inches and her head was 35cm at birth. As I look at Tommy, I really understand why Kaitlyn's birth was so very traumatic...that was one huge baby!
As I was looking up these stats I wondered how big Tommy's head was at birth, I think it's fair to say half the current size now. Well here's what just caught my eye....Tommy was 38.5cm LONG at birth. His head circumference today (40cm) is more than his length at birth! For all those stories of my frustration about people thinking Tommy is small, now you see...he's so huge to us! Now I'm very curious to really find out his head circumference at birth though :)
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment