Quick post tonight as I have to get to bed!
Tricia called tonight, and the rumor on the street is that the Dr. told the nurses to tell Tricia that Tommy will come home soon--perhaps as quickly as this weekend. Now, like I have mentioned before, we have seen a couple of families scheduled to room in with their baby be cancelled the day of...so I am not entirely optimistic on this timeline, but it is incredible that we are even talking about this.
Tommy weighs about 4 pounds and is taking a bottle two of every 3 feedings. He downs about 35mls (roughly an ounce) in 15 minutes or less. He is also out of the isolette or incubator and now in an open air crib--he is maintaining his own body temp just fine!
He did get another top-off of blood today as well.
Tricia, Robby and I are going to take an infant CPR class Friday, and Tricia is going to attend a pre-departure training class as well. (We found out that Robby is old enough for the class, and we thought that he might get a kick out of getting to go with us--it is pretty much a 1 on 1 class with just us and the instructor.)
I am trying really hard NOT to get excited just yet--but I don't know if I am doing a good job at that :) He will probably come home on oxygen the way it sounds, which means he'll also be hooked up to the monitors at our home. Then our pediatrician will take over his care and check-ups.
So, keep those prayers comming!!! God is doing some incredible things...that is for sure! We'll keep you posted as the week goes by!
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



3 comments:
GOD IS GREAT! What an absolute miracle. I miss you all. Sorry I haven't had the chance to talk to you this week Tricia. I can't wait to see pictures of the Entire Nance family together!!!! As always you are all in our prayers.
Thats great news you guys have to be so excited. We are so glad to here this.
Jumpin for joy!! Praising the Lord! Dancin in the streets! (ok, so maybe not THAT) What an awesome report!!
Post a Comment