Sense of Humor
Well, I think we saw the first glimpses of Tommy's humorous side--well, I really doubt he meant to do it, but it was still funny. The nurses weigh Tommy each night, and tonight was no different. Except for the fact that Mommy and Daddy were there to help, so he decided to put on a little show for us. First, the nurse disconnects his electrical leads to help get him out of the isolette. Then, she started changing his diaper. The original plan was to take his diaper off in the isolette and then lay him on top of the clean diaper which was already in the scale. As she put him in the scale, he started pooping all over the place! But, she had her hands full of him and the leads, so I helped hold him as he continued to poop right on the blankets in the scale. While I was holding him, the nurse got a new diaper ready, and while she was trying to put it on him while I was holding him, he decided to begin peeing! So, now I had pee all over my hands while trying hard to steer clear of his butt as it was pretty messy. What a crazy little boy! We finally moved him to a dry spot on the scale and got his diaper on before we weighed him! Whew! Then, I cleaned off my hands and the rest of the visit went smoothly.
If I remember correctly, he weighed in at 1128 grams which is about 2 pounds, 7 ounces--just 4 ounces from his birth weight.
With the nasal tubes delivering air to him, he had only a couple of episodes of lower breathing rates and lower heart rates--so it looks like that did the trick.
Glenda Booker
We also had a nice visit with Glenda Booker (Brent Booker's mom) who offered up her house to Tricia while Tommy is in OKC--what an incredible blessing she is! While you all are keeping us and Tommy in your prayers, say an extra prayer for Glenda for us...she told us her arm has been hurting her the last few days and said the doctor thinks she may have a torn rotator cuff. We pray that God heals her arm and totally eliminates her pain. She is such a sweet-spirited woman, and we are so grateful to have met her!
Tricia and I will be home tomorrow afternoon. I look forward to heading back to church Sunday morning!!
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



1 comments:
Your updates are the such a blessing for this distant Grandma! I think God wanted to comfort us so he gave Tommy a hand with his "show." Good elimination is a great marker for health! Tommy showed he is "ALL SYSTEMS GO!" And thanks for the weight update; my "log" was 9 grams off. GOD bless you all. Praying Glenda's cross will lighten also.
Post a Comment