CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

~ June 2011 ~ Robby 13, Kaitlyn 11 1/2, Kimberlyn 8 and Tommy 4 1/2!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

17 Jan PM

Quick Update
Nothing much new to post today. Tricia verified that it was indeed Cystic Fibrosis that Tommy's showed a "potential positive" for--but the Dr. is still relatively certain that this is false because he does not have any other complications.

He went up to 15ml's per feeding and he gained about 6 grams. The accuracy of the weight (down to the gram) is pretty questionable as they have him in a diaper and still hooked up to all the machinery when they weight him. So, when they try to lift the wires and tubes so that they don't count in his weight, I don't think they can get a truly accurate measurement, but as long as he is not going backwards, I'm happy!

I forgot to mention that Tricia had an OB appointment yesterday as well. Her blood pressure was actually on the low side (something like 108/55), so they took her off of one of the two blood pressure meds she has been on. Her left eye is still giving her fits, but she has an optometery appt in a couple of weeks. I think her prescription probably changed through all of this--and I understand that to be a common occurence--so hopefully, a new set of contacts for that eye will fix her up!

That is about it for now. We are very thankful for all of you prayers and support!

1 comments:

Pat said...

So great that Tommy is doing so well! God is GOOD! I agree totally with your assessment, Larry! I understand totally (and share!) your need to research diligently all possibilities re. to Tommy's prematurity though I don't worry about you doing that(a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, they say! Nursing students "suffer" shades of every diagnosis they study!!!) because I know of your strong faith in GOD's love and mercy. God bless! I admire you so much!!