CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

~ June 2011 ~ Robby 13, Kaitlyn 11 1/2, Kimberlyn 8 and Tommy 4 1/2!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Reminiscing...

So I am making a favorite recipe tonight from a dear friend of mine, Glenda. Glenda passed away this past April, she was such a huge inspiration to me. I'm thankful I have a couple of her recipes to relive some of our special dinners together. I lived with her while Tommy was in the NICU. ANYHOW...I wrote these recipes in a journal that Glenda and Kaitlyn made me. I journaled everyday Tommy was in the NICU- after my vision started coming back.

So the recipe search brought me deep into the journal....here is my journal entry from Jan 3, 2007. I got a chuckle and wanted to share...

Wednesday, 1-3-07
5:30pm visit, 9 days old
What a bad baby!! Which is a good sign. You pulled out your umbilical catheter and your feeding tube (twice) today! You are busy and fiesty-- we love it.
You eat 4mL's every three hours - will be 5 mL in the morning. You now have an IV in your head. You have a repeat ultrasound of your head tomorrow . I pray it shows the bleeding has resolved -- you are doing fabulous --we're so happy!


That is pretty darn hilarious stuff above?? I could have written the same post here recently...an IV in his head would be great punishment, right?? He pulls everything out of everywhere STILL! He still is doing fabulously and bonks his head enough some days from falling to warrant a head ultrasound to check for bleeding. He's eating a bit more these days... but everything else seems right on.

I STILL believe he's a "bad baby" and that it's a "good sign" and most of all we STILL LOVE IT!

This picture was taken the next day...I have no picture of him having an IV in his head. That's a last resort deal and I actually "thought" he never had a head IV...mental block I guess and I am thankful to not have a picture of it. He weighed 2 lbs 7ozs in this picture.

2 comments:

Anna said...

What a great memory to have. I am amazed when I see Tommy that he was ever in danger. He is SO lively and SO busy and SO sweet. What a little miracle wandering around getting into mischief! :D

Annie said...

Wow-he IS still the same!!! Feisty and ornery! :) Love the pic...