CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

~ June 2011 ~ Robby 13, Kaitlyn 11 1/2, Kimberlyn 8 and Tommy 4 1/2!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Tommy Boy

He is ALMOST TWO?!?!?!? Just 6 more days....

Okay...real quick....since Tommy has had a fever ever since Wednesday that I know of. Our thermometer was lost and I bought a new one to find out that yes, Tommy indeed had a fever and so did Kimberlyn!

Anyhow he's had a nasty snotty nose and looked sick in general since Monday. I took him in to let the doctor give him a listen...he's fine, just sick ;)

I got good info to help ease my mind on his health. It was great to see his PCM for my questions today. He feels Tommy is at no greater risk of RSV than any other 2 year old. I have no desire to see how we could get through another hospitalization again. So, that was great news. So, maybe I can relax when he has these week long snotty fests now. He wasn't concerned with his fever....highest it's been this week was 100.5, he wants him back if he spikes anything high.

He took this visit and made it his 24 month well child appt...yes, I chuckled as he is not a well child right now ;)

Tommy is 24 lbs 2ozs...this was undressed with just a dry diaper...I'm very pleased. He measured out to be 33 1/2 inches...unless he kicked one time too hard, boy he was not happy with that tech today :)

He's right around the 25th percentile for height and weight....just perfect!

I had to fill out this questionnaire form asking all types of what my child does when... and such. It had 5 different categories ranging from communicative (speech) to fine/gross motor skills.

Tommy scored just below the cut off for "normal" on the communicative one (obviously, we know he's slightly behind in speech- I found it interesting according to this form, he's not FAR behind at all) He scored above his age in everything else...I am quite proud. The doctor said he is "exceptionally advanced for his age" -I'm guessing only a preemie mom can totally understand the joy those words bring to my ears! I commented, you all know I don't think Tommy needs speech therapy, that this would explain why he's delayed in speech. His wheels are turning and he's more concerned with his motor skills! Seriously....the Early Intervention lady told me to not expect any new words when he started to walk. They focus on one area at a time...so he's letting out words ever so slowly for us while he is consumed with other things...like how to unscrew Mommy's make-up remover cap to dump it on the carpet...and how to take Daddy's electric razor APART and cleanse it in the TOILET!!! He tried hard to cover that one up...I found the actual razor head in the TRASH CAN...

1 comments:

Anna said...

I am so excited for you and your family! Tommy is doing great!!! YIPPIE!!!