Didn't miss us huh?
A quick run down...
This past Sunday we had some leftover wind from Hurricane Ike stop in for a visit. YES, in Ohio we got a visit?? The news called it a Dry Category 1 Hurricane- too funny! Seriously a house at the end of our street lost about a 6 foot by 6 foot part of their roof...you could see right in the attic. Many lost shingles and some lost siding. We had no damage what so ever. Thank God! Well we did lose Tommy's little baby wading pool, the kids were devastated, you'd thought the cat flew away. We also lost a few beach balls. Hoping some other kid is having a ball with them :)
Seriously though, most of you know I'm from Florida...We never lost power so long that we lost food out of our fridge! Thankfully our friend's had room in their freezer for most of our frozen food. We lost power at approx. 2:20pm on Sunday, being naive and clueless we figured it be on shortly. Larry left at about 3pm (after losing power while trying to download IL info to his GPS)for his planned TDY to Scott AFB. The kids and I proceeded to have fun with no power. The fun started to die down after our neighbors (dirty dogs) got their power back in the wee hours Monday morning-- and after hearing the news updates from them that predicted the power outages could take 7-10 days to fix!
Tuesday morning I ran out to get a cell phone charger to use in my van...I grabbed a gallon of fresh milk....no ice could be found around our neighborhood, I would borrow from our dear friends/neighbors whom had power. Then it clicked, like alight bulb lit in my head. WHY IN GOD'S GREEN EARTH was I sitting in a dark very quiet home with 4 kids while my sweet husband was sleeping in a 2 bed hotel room with ELECTRICITY?!?!? Yep, I decided if I could fill up with gas near the house, I was out of here. After filling up I took a nice hot bath (thanks to our gas water heater) packed a few outfits for each of us and then ran to dinner at our neighbors house. We hit the road just before 7am Wednesday!
See all along I wanted to join Larry on this TDY....perfect opportunity to house-hunt or at least learn some of the area since Larry HAD to be there anyhow for work/school.
Well, got an amazing realtor house hunted for about 3 hours on each of the two days and yes, we just placed an offer on a perfect home. This is so far feeling WAY too easy...praying it'll stay easy and just all work out.
I have pictures of teh kids playing in the wind with a sheet...before the wind so strong. Look for them soon.
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



4 comments:
My freezer is your freezer! :)
Did I miss the memo on you moving???
Libby- we're due to move in March 2009...
Well, I missed you! ;) So, when do we hear more on houses? :) My kids also wanted to know what you did with all your pets while you were gone and also how you transport Warlock when you move. Apparently they are worried.
Post a Comment