CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

~ June 2011 ~ Robby 13, Kaitlyn 11 1/2, Kimberlyn 8 and Tommy 4 1/2!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tommy's 18 month check-up...


Forgot to mention this...but as I was looking at beach pictures I chuckled, at his well baby appointment last week Tommy's doctor was checking his ears. He said his tubes are in place and look nice and clear with the exception on some sand ;) Seems as if Tommy brought home a souvenir from our beach trip!

The important part...he's well and thriving, not a big drinker, but the boy can eat! He now weighs 22 1/2 pounds and is 32"- for fun I went into the older kids' baby books to compare. He is just 1/2 pound and 1/2 inch smaller than Robby was and like 4lbs and 1 3/4 inches smaller than Kaitlyn...poor Kimberlyn's last weight/height entry was at 10 months old...OOPS!! Now that I think of it...I haven't entered in many stats in Tommy's book either...BAD MOM! At least each kid has a few letters from Mom in their books. I wish so much my mom wrote to me in my baby book, I suppose I should wish I even HAD a baby book....life being the third child :)

When we opted out of Early Intervention this past Spring the doctor told me he'd evaluate his speech at his 18 month appt. I honestly hoped it'd wouldn't come up or I could postpone it until Tommy turns 2. No such luck! He is very adamant on Tommy going in for a speech evaluation. He's at risk due to being a 28-weeker AND from his ear infections/tubes. Thing is, he's my 4th kid and a little replica of his older brother, whom didn't speak much or well until 2 1/2 years or older! He's a thriving boy headed into 5th grade now. I personally have a lot to learn as I don't think speech therapy is necessary at 18 months of age, or even 20 months of age (what he'll be at his eval appt)- I think/thought waiting until he turned two, we moved and settled in at Scoot AFB this coming Spring would be just FINE. The doctor disagreed and since we've been totally pleased with our pediatrician here and it's NOTHING out of our pockets and the speech therapist here at Children's are supposedly fantastic....we are going to investigate. Since Tommy says like 6 words and only 2 of which on a daily basis...I KNOW he'll qualify for therapy....that's a no-brainer!



This turned LONG....more to come....promised Delaware pictures and now we have some fun pictures from our Nebraska visit on the lake.

1 comments:

Hunter Family said...

I wouldn't worry about Tommy's speech. Aidan hardly said anything at 2 years and now (just turned 3) he can join in on a conversation with an adult. He even said "Dad, that's rude!" the other day and said it in the right context!
I'm sure Tommy's doing great, all things considered.