Well no big news today like Tommy taking steps like last I posted.
I wanted to write a quick update. As I told you I expected, Tommy will get tubes in his ears. The ENT doctor said he's got a serious case of some fancy named thing, basically of having fluid in his ears with recurrent ear infections. To be a candidate for tubes you must meet one of three different criteria...Tommy meets all three things! Please pray for him to stay healthy and not get another ear infection which could delay surgery. He's scheduled for the surgery on Thursday (Valentine's Day).... I chose this date as it was the soonest surgery date the doctor had and I'm praying Tommy and his surgery will keep my thought off of the fact that my Mom would have turned 60 this day.
On a lighter, more exciting note....Thursday will mark Tommy's full official year home from the NICU...that's cause for way more celebration than Valentine's Day anyhow!
We have a busy few days ahead of us, all the while I'm praying for a big dump of snow! Forecast says 3-5 inches tonight with another few inches tomorrow! Yippee!
Tomorrow Tommy has an appointment to have his hearing tested again...his other hearing test was done as NICU babies are at an increased risk for hearing loss, it was done before his ear infection battle started. After this appt we'll go and do the pre-admission stuff for surgery.
Wednesday I have a check-up to check my thyroid (it's more in check now than ever) and then Kaitlyn goes to the dentist for a quick appointment...never-ending here lately!
Thursday is surgery day and should mark the beginning of a needed break...until next week :)
Lastly...I wanted to let you know about something burdening my heart. You see 10 months ago the opthamologist released me saying I had no permanent damage to my eyes from Tommy's delivery. Well, I have been seeing spots or floaters (not sure what to classify these things as) in my right eye off and on for a few weeks now. I finally got off my rump and made an appointment to see my PCM for a referral back to the opthamologist (obviously a new one since we moved)-- while making this appointment in person they basically told me if I see this, this or that to report to the ER immediately...that's scary! That has been in the back of my head since Friday...at the same time they told me they feel this isn't a big deal, I'm worried. When I lost my vision for those few days...it was scary to wonder if it was gone forever, what would it be like and so on. You can imagine where my thoughts have been lately... I'd appreciate you joining me in prayer for this to be exactly what they think...NOTHING important!
The exciting news is thi spast Friday Larry and I had a date night, we swap babysitting each Friday with our good friends....now we are forced to go out on a date every other week...WAY COOL! We limit ours to dinner, as Tommy STILL won't take a bottle from anybody but mom and dad!
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



1 comments:
First, wow-Congrats on the date night! I am so jealous! :)
Second, Sending you lots of prayers and HUGS for Thursday. I will surely be thinking of you guys.
And last, I will say an extra prayer for you, Tricia, tonight. Let's have positive thoughts that everything is just fine with your e yes. :)
Post a Comment