CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

~ June 2011 ~ Robby 13, Kaitlyn 11 1/2, Kimberlyn 8 and Tommy 4 1/2!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

AAAAHHHHHH...the joys of moving!!

Just wanted to update and let everyone know that we are sincerely alive and surviving the move so far.

The base moving office (TMO) claimed they needed 5 days to pack us. I was going to give the moving company an ear full if they sent just one packer. AS time got closer the moving rep called and asked lots of questions. Turned out he sent 4 packers on Day one, 5 on day two and are done. They load the truck Monday and we twiddle our fingers until Thursday. Seriously, this moving company is FABULOUS and travel 1 1/2 hours to get here. They arrived each day at 10 am and checked out at 4pm the first day and 3pm the next. So, it didn't even take 2 full days to pack us. The original plan was to pack us Wed-Monday and load the truck Tuesday, clean Wed and leave good ole Oklahoma on Thursday. NOW, they're loading the truck Monday and we can lolly-gag cleaning as our housing inspection is on Thursday morning.

If all goes as planned we'll arrive in Ohio late Friday night :) I'm so excited.

I'll try to get you a few pics soon.

Oh, Tommy Boy turned 7 months old on this past Wednesday. he weighed in at 13 lbs, 8 ozs. He gained 16 ounces in 19 days. He got his iron levels tested and I should find out if he's okay on Monday. The iron supplement is nasty, so I'm praying his levels are good and he can remain off the iron drops.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh wow, what an exciting time for you!!!! Your new house is beautiful-I know you can't wait to get there! Tommy is becoming a little porker, huh? My little Matty was only 12.6 at his 8 month appointment!!!! Good job, Tommy, and Momma, too!!!! :) How soon do the kids start school in Ohio? I hope they get a chance to move in and relax before it starts!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys are surviving, I've been thinking about the 6 of you! I'm excited for you! Love you guys, good luck and have a great trip!