Weekend Visit
We are back in town now...and we had a great visit! Thanks to David Carriker for watching the Nance Zoo! Tommy looks a lot more filled out then he did last weekend. He is up to just shy of 3 pounds 6 ounces!
His hand is getting a lot better--now they think that the last time they flushed the IV line, the vein may have ruptured and put the sailine solution into his hand instead of into the vein. It is still a bit red, but the swelling went way down, and it should be completely normal soon.
Tommy now weighs just over 1500 grams, so he will start bottle feeding this comming week--perhaps as soon as tomorrow. It will be very gradual like everything else has been. But, that is very exciting for us.
In the last couple of days, he has had lots of episodes where his breathing rate drops and causes his oxygen level to go down. They still say that this is fairly normal, but he had gone almost a week with only a few, so we were a little bummed about that. They increased his caffiene intake today to help combat that. Now he is up to one cup of coffee in the morning and one in the afternoon--hee hee.
Everyone I know has been asking for more pictures...so here they come!!
Tommy with his IV for the blood transfusion
One happy momma. Tommy's one month old!
The nurses made this one month old certificate, and they all signed it. Tricia LOVED that!
Tommy wide awake. You can see the nurse sucking the remaining milk from his stomach. Also, you can see his left hand is elevated to help the swelling.
Proud Dad--once I saw Tricia's picture like this, I had to have one too! 
This one was taken today--Tommy with his cool clothes on!
The kids and mom went to build-a-bear in the mall and spent some of their extra money from Christmas while I visited Tommy. I am bummed that I missed their fun, but only getting to see Tommy a couple days per week stinks!
HUGE BLESSING ! A Matching Grant !
10 years ago



2 comments:
Tommy definitely looks bigger and more mature! What a difference a pound, more or less, makes!!! He's beginning to look just like his siblings, I think! So great to see new pictures of the whole family; thanks!
he definately looks like a nance already!!He's really looking more filled out too. Happy 1 months birthday Tommy!!
Post a Comment