CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

~ June 2011 ~ Robby 13, Kaitlyn 11 1/2, Kimberlyn 8 and Tommy 4 1/2!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

24 Jan PM

Tricia is safely back in OKC now...and probably is holding Tommy as I type this. I am not positive on his weight, but I know they increased his feedings to 22ml's. They also told Tricia when she called today that his red blood cell count was slightly low, so they gave him about 21cc's of additional blood. At first, we were pretty alarmed about that news, but we remembered that the Dr. told us that is was highly likely that sometime during his stay, Tommy would need some extra blood. The nurses said that we shouldn't worry about this at all and that premature babies often require additional blood. Of course, I also did some research online and found that in the first two months of life, premature babies often require blood transfusions because of anemia (low red blood cell count). I guess that they don't actually begin producing their own blood until after a few weeks from being born. So, again, we are just hoping that this is like they say--no big deal and expected.

I'll get some better updates in the morning after Tricia gets to talk to the Dr. face-to-face.

The kids are doing well again--the bedtime routine tonight was back to normal, and Kaitlyn has pretty much fully recovered from her fevers and sickness. I can't say for sure that having Tricia home helped that part, but it definately didn't hurt any!!

That's about all the news I have for now. Here are a couple of recent pictures!

Tommy hanging out

When he is on his tummy, Tommy likes to scoot himself to the very top of his bed. The bed itself is on an incline....you can see that he has sucessfully gone about as far up as possible!

When we got home Saturday, there was about an inch of nice wet snow--perfect for making a snowman! We used almost all of the snow in the front yard to make a snowman and a small snow fort! But, alas, the 40 degree weather the next day made poor frosty and the fort melt back into a pile of water. It was fun while it lasted!

3 comments:

Pat said...

SOOO GOOD TO SEE NEW PICTURES! Tommy looks wonderful! This blog with photos is a lifesaver for this far away Grandma! Thank you so much! So happy Kaitlyn, Robby and Kimberlyn are feeling better! Please tell them Grandma sends FL hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

I feel just awful for not touching base sooner, but please know that we think of you all often especially during this trying time. Tommy's progress is amazing and we will continue to keep you all in our prayers.

RJ says to tell Robby "hi" and he thinks "the baby looks like Robby":).

Love and Prayers, Rory and Kurt Kelemen

Anonymous said...

We're so excited at the progress little Tommy Nance is making! Praising the Lord on your behalf and still praying for your family. I am soooo looking forward to little Tommy's homecoming pic!!